Through the generous donations from the Georgetown community and sponsors of the Public Safety Program, CAG has been able to hire a dedicated CAG Security Officer.
- Our officer is trained and uniformed by SecTek, Inc.
- Two officers split a seven-night per week patrol schedule through Georgetown and they report any suspicious or dangerous activity both to the MPD and to CAG staff
- Our officer on duty patrols east and west Georgetown in a marked vehicle with flashing yellow lights on the roof; foot patrols are also carried out
- Our officer is not armed and provides a visual deterrent to crime while being the “eyes and ears” for our community
As an additional CAG benefit, residents who donate to the Public Safety Program can request personalized services from the officer in the following ways:
- The officer can escort residents (and/or their guests) between home and car or to neighborhood engagements
- Donors can also request the officer to check up on their house and gather accumulated mail when on vacation
- Every donor receives detailed information including the officer’s work cellphone number and duty hours