Create a Lasting Legacy in Georgetown
Making a provision in your will or living trust (bequest) costs nothing now but gives you the immediate satisfaction of creating a personal legacy at CAG. Your legacy gift will allow CAG to continue to transform, enrich and sustain Georgetown as a historic and vibrant neighborhood.
Bequest language can be as simple as either of the following:
“I give and bequeath to Citizens Association of Georgetown $___________ (dollar amount) OR __________(percentage) % of my estate OR specific property (such as artwork or a car or a house), to be held, administered, and used by Citizens Association of Georgetown, a non-profit 501(c)(3) with the tax-exempt number 52-1359105.”
“I give and bequeath to Citizens Association of Georgetown all of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to be held, administered and used by Citizens Association of Georgetown, a non-profit 501(c)(3) with the tax-exempt number 52-1359105.”
- Your gift will have a significant impact
Direct your bequest to CAG and create a legacy that will help sustain CAG’s initiatives which safeguard Georgetown and ensure its historic preservation, beauty, and vitality for years to come.
- A bequest is flexible
You can use a wide range of assets to make your gift and create a highly personalized plan.
- Your assets remain in your control; you can modify your bequest if your situation changes.
- A charitable bequest may minimize estate tax
For donors who are subject to estate tax, a charitable bequest could reduce the amount of estate tax paid. In addition, some assets, such as retirement accounts, are heavily taxed when left to heirs and may also trigger an estate tax. A charitable gift, funded with these assets, bypasses taxation and gives your legacy maximum impact.
How It Works
For many donors, the easiest way to make a significant gift to CAG is through their will or living trust:
- Simply name “Citizens Association of Georgetown” as a beneficiary in your estate documents.
- Create an addition (codicil) to your existing will or an amendment to your revocable trust.
- Choose to give a specific sum or a percentage of your estate in support of the CAG.
- You can also give what remains in your estate after other distributions have been made.
- Additionally, you can give specific assets, including securities and real estate (such as a residence or office building)
- Name “Citizens Association of Georgetown” as a retirement plan beneficiary. To do so, you need to contact your retirement plan administrator and complete the necessary beneficiary designation forms.
Please share your estate plans with us. CAG would like to make sure your wishes are understood and that your gift will be used exactly as you intend. Our planned giving experts, consisting of our President and Executive Director, can answer any questions that you and your advisors may have about CAG, our programs and the planned giving process.
Join CAG’s Legacy Society
Our Legacy Society is a way to honor and thank CAG’s loyal donors who have chosen to remember CAG in their estate plans. Their vision and generosity propel CAG to new heights, ensuring that future generations in Georgetown will benefit from their lasting legacy. Whether you choose to be publicly inducted into CAG’s Legacy Society and attend our stewardship events, or simply remain anonymous, your legacy gift will be celebrated in Georgetown for years to come.
Contact Us At: