CAG Presents Georgetown Arts 2016
The talent of more than 30 Georgetown artists was on view this year at House of Sweden for five days — Thursday, February 25 through Sunday, February 28. Last year was a record-setting year with over 800 people visiting the show. Sponsor House of Sweden has once again generously made their stunning rooms available for the event. On Saturday and Sunday, there will be several Artists Talks. So mark your calendar for February 25–28 to see your favorite local artists — and to discover new ones in the neighborhood!
RSVP required for Opening Reception February 25, 6-9pm
The opening reception will was Thursday evening, February 25, from 6 to 9pm.
If you have questions about Georgetown ARTS, or if you're interested in joining the committee, email CAGtownART@gmail.com or call the CAG office at 337-7313.
ARTS 2016 Sponsors
House of Sweden
Cynthia Howar & Washington Fine Properties
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Bridge Street Books
Georgetown Aveda Salon + Spa
New York Cleaners
Bonsai / Cox, Graae + Spack / DTR Modern / Fast Copy / Hop, Cask & Barrel / Mr. Smith's / Occasions Catering / Orange Anchor / Pinstripes / Sequoia Restaurant / Trader Joe's / Watergate Gallery & Frame Design
Check out the Georgetowner's coverage of the 2014 opening night here!
Call for Artists
Georgetown-based artists are invited to participate in the show.
To enter, please fill out and return the form along with jpegs (professional photo images: 300 dpi) of your artwork to CAGtownART@gmail.com. Additionally, send a printed copy of your application and check for $50 (made out to CAG/Art Show) to Citizens Association of Georgetown, 1365 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC 20007 by January 31.
- The show is open to artists who either are current residents of Georgetown or who have studios in Georgetown.
- There is no jury. Entry is first-come, first-served. Please submit your application and payment promptly to secure your space in the show.
- The show will take place from Thursday, February 25, through Sunday, February 28, and will feature a reception on Thursday evening from 6-9 pm as well as mid-day special events and “art talks” on Saturday and Sunday. Chris Addison from the Addison/Ripley Gallery in Georgetown will be the guest speaker on Saturday.
- Work may be for sale or for display only, as the artist wishes. CAG will process sales and pay artists at the end of the show. CAG will receive 15% commission on all art sales.
- Artists pay a $50 entry fee to CAG to defray the cost of the show. In addition, each participating artist must complete a 3-4 hour volunteer shift during the show.
- The show is open to artists working in the following media: painting, photography, sculpture, prints, 2D and 3D mixed media. We cannot accept jewelry or anything requiring electricity. Pieces accepted into the show should be of a suitable nature to be viewed by families with children.
We also need volunteers to help launch the art show. If you can assist in any way, please contact Chair Joan Konkel, 202 342-2277, or firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CAG art volunteer”.